Autumn is a great time to sell your home in Melbourne. The weather is still pleasant and the leaves on the trees can create a beautiful backdrop for photos for your Melbourne real estate and coastal real estate. Some tips we recommend include:
Garden & Street Appeal
When it comes to the garden, make sure it's well-maintained and tidy. Here are some tips:
- It's best to ensure that no weeds are growing in your lawns or around the property. Make sure you pull all weeds up prior to putting your property on the market or before any potential buyers visit.
- If there are overgrown trees or shrubs blocking windows or light then consider having them trimmed or removed before people start visiting so that you can optimize the natural light within the property.
- Cut any dead grass and mow the lawn at least once every couple of weeks in preparation for the Autumn sales campaign season. This will ensure that buyers can clearly see all areas of your property including your front yard when they enter. The curb appeal of your home is an important factor in property sales, so make sure it is looking fantastic.
- There are many deciduous trees that drop their leaves in autumn so it is important to be mindful of leaves falling on in your garden an also potentially blocking drains. If you have trees on your property, make sure you regularly clean up leaves to prevent any issues. You should also consider pruning any branches that are overhanging your home or neighboring properties.
- Keep the lawn mowed and edged, trim any bushes or trees that may be overgrown, and clear away any leaves or debris from the driveway and sidewalks. If you have a porch or balcony, make sure that it is also tidy and free of clutter.
- A fresh coat of paint can also be used on the front door and the facade of the property if it is peeling or is looking outdated.
First impressions count, so it's important to make sure that your home is well-maintained and looks tidy during your campaign.
Consider Styling your home?
The right styling can make all the difference in selling your property. When styling your property, it's recommended to use:
- Neutral, light tones to give off a luxurious feel. For example, consider using light wooden floors, light-coloured or white walls, and neutral-coloured furniture.
- Adding some accessories can also help to create a stylish look. Consider using plants, flowers, or artwork to add pops of color and personality. However, it's important not to go too overboard, as this can make a space look cluttered. With this – too much clutter can be distracting and make the property feel small.
- Re-arranging your furniture can also help to create a more appealing space. For example, if you have a large living room, consider moving the sofa away from the wall to create a more open feel. Or, if you have a smaller bedroom, try using a bedside table instead of a nightstand to save space.
- If you are considering having a new carpet installed on the property, then this is best completed before people start visiting. We recommend installing neutral colored carpet such as beige or cream as this will help to show the space to its best advantage. If you arent installing a new carpet, it is important that carpet is clean and free of any stains or marks.
This will help to show off the space to its best advantage and make potential buyers feel relaxed and comfortable when viewing.
If you're not sure how to style your property, we have a broad range of stylists within our supplier network who we can recommend.
Clean your home inside out
It's also important to make sure that the property is clean and tidy before potential buyers come to view it.
This means having a regular cleaning schedule in place, as well as decluttering any potential selling points that may be looking cluttered. For example, if you have a beautiful view from your property, make sure that the windows are clean and clear so that potential buyers can fully appreciate it. Likewise, if you have an outdoor area such as a garden or porch, make sure that it is tidy and well-maintained.
A really important point is to make sure that there are no pet hairs inside or outside of your home. Pet hair is almost impossible to remove during property inspections and it will be a turn off for any potential buyer looking for a property with pets.
A tidy and well-maintained property is more likely to appeal to buyers than one that looks like it needs a lot of work.
When it comes to selling your property, the little things can make a big difference and a tidy and well-maintained property is more likely to appeal to buyers than one that looks like it needs a lot of work.
By following these simple tips, you can help to create a stylish and appealing space that will catch the eye of potential buyers.
We have a diverse range of inner Melbourne real estate and coastal properties for sale. View our current listings here.
If you are looking to sell your home and looking for the best real estate agent? Click the link here to view our agents.
Not which agent to use? Click here for an appraisal and leave it with us.